Prayer: Lord God, give us the faith of the centurion so that we may always experience the healing presence of your Son. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. School will be dismissed at 12:00 noon on Monday, December 4th so staff can attend School of Faith in the afternoon.
2. The varsity girls & boys basketball teams were both defeated by Omaha Gross last night in the GICC Early Season Basketball Tournament. The girls will now play GICC on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and the boys will play GICC at 12:45 p.m. Both games will be played at Grand Island C.C. High School.
3. The top wrestlers from last night’s triangular at Pierce were Leo Ojeda & Isaac Wilcox. Congratulations to everyone on competing very well!
4. District One-Act is taking place today in Columbus.
5. Jr. High girls basketball at home on Saturday vs. Battle Creek starting at 9:00 a.m.
6. High school wrestling at O’Neill on Saturday beginning at 9:15 a.m.
7. The NC Music Department Christmas Concert will be held this Sunday, December 3rd in the activities center. The elementary concert will begin at 2:00 p.m. followed by the Jr. High and high school concert at 4:30 p.m.
8. The following students owe library fines that need to be paid immediately: Dillon Barnes ($1.20), Hope Brummer (50 cents), Jaden Bykerk ($1.00), Karlie Clinch (50 cents), Jackson Clausen (60 cents), Emily Drevecky (90 cents), Ty Lammers (50 cents), Reilly Schlomer (60 cents), Audrey Steffen ($1.00), Cody Sullivan (50 cents), Carter Wattier (60 cents), Brock West (60 cents), Noah Wattier (90 cents), Brady Faltys (50 cents), Karter Kerkman ($1.70), Hailey Reifert (50 cents), Keegan Burroughs ($1.20), Mason Timmerman ($2.00), Gavin Yosten (90 cents).
9. Sign-up in the office if you would like to purchase state football champion shirts. Cost is $10.00 for short-sleeved, $15.00 for long-sleeved, $20.00 for a crew sweatshirt and $25.00 for a hooded sweatshirt. It will be an additional $2.00 for 2XL & 3XL. “Winningest Coach” shirts will also be available to purchase. These are short-sleeved t-shirts only and cost is $10.00 (additional $2.00 for 2XL & 3XL). The deadline to sign-up is the end of the day on Wednesday, December 6th. Shirts also need to be paid for by then!
10. Futures will be held this Sunday from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. in Mrs. Van Fleet’s room.
11. Today is the final day to purchase boys basketball clothing on the Custom Sports website.
12. Anyone interested in Speech should see Mrs. Van Fleet sometime today!
13. There will be a Redzone meeting on Tuesday, December 5th during 5th period in the band room to plan out the winter sports season. Please plan to attend!
14. Reminder - Mrs. Hahn’s homeroom is asked to bring $10.00 for their advent angel and layette set. Please take care of this by the end of the day today.
15. Students in Mrs. Van Fleet’s family need to see her sometime today!
16. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 13th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the Norfolk Fire Division Training Tower classroom (300 E. Benjamin Ave.). This month’s topic is the SIM lab - simulated emergency room and ambulance.
17. There will be a high school boys soccer meeting, for anyone not in a winter sport, next Tuesday, December 5th right after school in Mr. Miller’s room.
18. The House of Drexel won Fruit/Veggie day with 157 cans. Aquinas was second with 113, Gregory was 3rd with 101, and Xavier was 4th with 61. Favorite Cereal Friday will be counted during 7th period today. The current number of items brought in so far are:
-Gregory - 524
-Aquinas - 510
-Drexel - 459
-Xavier - 332
19. St. Francis of Xavier’s Feast Day is this Sunday. We will acknowledge this next Tuesday by allowing all House of Xavier members to wear their house shirts with dress code pants and all students will attend a prayer service at 3:00 p.m. in Burns gym.
20. The Norfolk Key Club is asking for donations for the Connected Youth Christmas Party. They are
asking for hygiene items (hair items, body wash, razors, shaving cream, etc.), towels, blankets/pillows, flat sheets, and free will donations. Checks can be made to the Norfolk Key Club. A box will be placed outside the school office from now until December 15th.
21. The Norfolk Catholic Hall of Fame Board of Directors is gearing up for our 4th Annual Hall of Fame Celebration to be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018. We are currently seeking nominations for deserving individuals in the following categories:
-Team - Sports or One-Act/Speech
Nominations can be submitted any time during the year, however to be considered for the 2018 Hall