Prayer: Lord God, Almighty, open our ears to Jesus’ teachings so that we may know him and follow him with all our hearts. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. School will be dismissed at 12:00 noon today so staff can attend School of Faith in the afternoon.
2. The varsity girls and boys basketball teams both lost to Grand Island C.C. on Saturday.
3. Congratulations to the wrestling team on tying for 3rd place out of 12 teams at the O’Neill Invite on Saturday. Individual medalists were: Jaden Bykerk - 3rd (120 lbs), Wyatt Smydra - 2nd (132 lbs), Francisco Mendez - 3rd (138 lbs), Arik Seymour - 3rd (145 lbs), Ryan Webbert - 1st (182 lbs).
4. Jr. High girls basketball at home today vs. Hartington C.C. starting at 6:15 p.m.
5. Jr. High wrestling triangular with Boone Central & Plainview at Albion tonight starting at 6:30 p.m. The meet was originally scheduled to take place in Petersburg, but it will be held in Albion.
6. Freshmen girls & boys basketball at Battle Creek tonight. The girls will play at 6:15 p.m. followed by the boys at 7:30 p.m.
7. The House of Aquinas won Favorite Cereal Friday with 25 boxes of cereal. Overall food totals were:
-Aquinas - 589
-Gregory - 543
-Drexel - 506
-Xavier - 361
8. House of Xavier may wear their house shirts with dress code pants tomorrow to honor St. Francis of Xavier (his feast day was yesterday). We will have a prayer service for the entire student body at 3:00 p.m. in Burns Gym as well.
9. If anyone attended any varsity sporting event as a fan this weekend, please sign the house log book in either Mr. Fisher’s classroom or Mrs. Maas’ classroom.
10. The following students owe library fines that need to be paid immediately: Hope Brummer (50 cents), Jaden Bykerk ($1.00), Karlie Clinch (50 cents), Jackson Clausen (60 cents), Emily Drevecky (90 cents), Ty Lammers (50 cents), Reilly Schlomer (60 cents), Audrey Steffen ($1.00), Cody Sullivan (50 cents), Carter Wattier (60 cents), Brock West (60 cents), Noah Wattier (90 cents), Brady Faltys (50 cents), Karter Kerkman ($1.70), Hailey Reifert (50 cents), Keegan Burroughs ($1.20), Mason Timmerman ($2.00), Gavin Yosten (90 cents), Dalton Brunsing ($1.80), Carly Thramer (80 cents).
11. Any high school students, not out for a winter sport, can sign-up in the office for after school lifting and plyometric workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays after school. We will start on Wednesday of this week.
12. Sign-up in the office if you would like to purchase state football champion shirts. Cost is $10.00 for short-sleeved, $15.00 for long-sleeved, $20.00 for a crew sweatshirt and $25.00 for a hooded sweatshirt. It will be an additional $2.00 for 2XL & 3XL. “Winningest Coach” shirts will also be available to purchase. These are short-sleeved t-shirts only and cost is $10.00 (additional $2.00 for 2XL & 3XL). The deadline to sign-up is the end of the day this Wednesday, December 6th. Shirts also need to be paid for by then!
13. There will be a Redzone meeting this Tuesday during 5th period in the band room to plan out the winter sports season. Please plan to attend!
14. Mr. Sehi’s homeroom is reminded to bring $5.00 by Wednesday for the Christmas project.
15. Lunch tomorrow will be chicken nuggets instead of chicken strips.
16. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 13th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the Norfolk Fire Division Training Tower classroom (300 E. Benjamin Ave.). This month’s topic is the SIM lab - simulated emergency room and ambulance.
17. There will be a high school boys soccer meeting, for anyone not in a winter sport, this Tuesday, right after school in Mr. Miller’s room.
18. All locker signs from fall activities need to be removed from lockers by the end of the day tomorrow (Tuesday)!
19. The Norfolk Key Club is asking for donations for the Connected Youth Christmas Party. They are
asking for hygiene items (hair items, body wash, razors, shaving cream, etc.), towels, blankets/pillows, flat sheets, and free will donations. Checks can be made to the Norfolk Key Club. A box will be placed outside the school office from now until December 15th.
20. The Norfolk Catholic Hall of Fame Board of Directors is gearing up for our 4th Annual Hall of Fame Celebration to be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018. We are currently seeking nominations for deserving individuals in the following categories:
-Team - Sports or One-Act/Speech
Nominations can be submitted any time during the year, however to be considered for the 2018 Hall