Prayer: God our Father, help us to remember that your Son is with us always, even until the end of time. As we participate at Mass, open our hearts to the reality of his presence, always growing in us, always bringing us new life and healing. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the freshmen boys basketball team on their win over Battle Creek last night. The freshmen girls lost to Battle Creek.
2. Congratulations to all of the Jr. High wrestlers on competing very well at the triangular last night with Boone Central & Plainview. This was their last meet. Congrats on a successful season!
3. Jr. High girls basketball at Pierce today starting at 4:00 p.m. Games will be played at the city auditorium.
4. J.V. & varsity girls basketball at Pierce tonight beginning at 6:15 p.m.
5. The following students owe library fines that need to be paid immediately: Hope Brummer (50 cents), Jaden Bykerk ($1.00), Karlie Clinch (50 cents), Jackson Clausen (60 cents), Emily Drevecky (90 cents), Ty Lammers (50 cents), Reilly Schlomer (60 cents), Audrey Steffen ($1.00), Cody Sullivan (50 cents), Carter Wattier (60 cents), Brock West (60 cents), Noah Wattier (90 cents), Brady Faltys (50 cents), Karter Kerkman ($1.70), Hailey Reifert (50 cents), Keegan Burroughs ($1.20), Mason Timmerman ($2.00), Gavin Yosten (90 cents), Dalton Brunsing ($1.80), Carly Thramer (80 cents).
6. Any high school students, not out for a winter sport, can sign-up in the office for after school lifting and plyometric workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays after school. We will start on Wednesday of this week.
7. Sign-up in the office if you would like to purchase state football champion shirts. Cost is $10.00 for short-sleeved, $15.00 for long-sleeved, $20.00 for a crew sweatshirt and $25.00 for a hooded sweatshirt. It will be an additional $2.00 for 2XL & 3XL. “Winningest Coach” shirts will also be available to purchase. These are short-sleeved t-shirts only and cost is $10.00 (additional $2.00 for 2XL & 3XL). The deadline to sign-up is the end of the day this Wednesday, December 6th. Shirts also need to be paid for by then!
8. There will be a Redzone meeting today during 5th period in the band room to plan out the winter sports season. Please plan to attend!
9. Reminder to seniors that the Jostens representative will be back this Thursday at 11:30 a.m. to collect cap & gown orders (and anything else your may want to order). Anyone wishing to order a class ring should have their form at that time also. Extra packets are available in the office for both.|
10. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held this Wednesday from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the Norfolk Fire Division Training Tower classroom (300 E. Benjamin Ave.). This month’s topic is the SIM lab - simulated emergency room and ambulance.
11. There will be a high school boys soccer meeting, for anyone not in a winter sport, today, right after school in Mr. Miller’s room.
12. All locker signs from fall activities need to be removed from lockers by the end of the day today!
13. All 9-11 football players, not out for a winter sport, should go to Burns Gym at the beginning of 5th period today.
14. There will be a short sign-up and parent meeting for club wrestling tonight at 7:00 in the high school cafeteria.
15. Girls in Ms. Freese’s house, please bring $10.00 for the advent angel project.
16. Mrs. Sehi’s homeroom is reminded to bring $5.00 by Wednesday for the Christmas project.
17. The Norfolk Key Club is asking for donations for the Connected Youth Christmas Party. They are
asking for hygiene items (hair items, body wash, razors, shaving cream, etc.), towels, blankets/pillows, flat sheets, and free will donations. Checks can be made to the Norfolk Key Club. A box will be placed outside the school office from now until December 15th.
18. The Norfolk Catholic Hall of Fame Board of Directors is gearing up for our 4th Annual Hall of Fame Celebration to be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018. We are currently seeking nominations for deserving individuals in the following categories:
-Team - Sports or One-Act/Speech
Nominations can be submitted any time during the year, however to be considered for the 2018 Hall