Prayer: Almighty God, to Jesus Christ, your Word of Life, you have given command of everything! May we live in awe of this mysterious power. We ask this through the same Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the wrestlers on defeating Creighton last night in a dual meet 45-35. Match winners were: Ryan Webbert (pin), Brendan Bachman, Ashtin Arens, Brandon Silva (pin), Nathan Wetjen, Mason Bykerk, Wyatt Smydra, Francisco Mendez.
2. Congratulations to the Jr. High boys basketball teams on their wins over Guardian Angels C.C. last night. The 7th grade won 39-28 and the 8th grade won 45-29.
3. J.V. & varsity girls basketball at Wayne tonight starting at 6:15 p.m.
4. Freshmen girls & boys basketball at home on Saturday vs. Hartington C.C. The girls will play at 9:00 a.m. followed by the boys game.
5. Wrestling at the Cross County Invite tomorrow beginning at 10:00 a.m.
6. J.V. & varsity boys basketball at Crofton on Saturday starting at 5:00 p.m.
7. Any students in grades 7-12 that are interested in Quiz Bowl should sign-up on the sheets outside Mr. Sok’s room by the end of the day today.
8. Today is the registration deadline for the February 10th ACT!
9. There will be speech practice right after school today in the Library.
10. Any boys, grades 9-12, that are interested in going out for golf this spring should attend a short meeting right after school today in Mr. Korth’s room.
11. On Monday, January 15th, all band members (JH & HS) and the cheer squad (HS only) will have a Jeans Day for showing Spirit at the Western Night basketball games.
12. The Jr. High boys basketball games with Pierce on Monday, January 15th will now be played at NC instead of Pierce. Starting time for the first game is 4:00 p.m. in Burns Gym.
13. Reminder to anyone who attends the extra curricular activities to sign in the house log books located in Mr. Fisher and Mrs. Maas’ class rooms.
14. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 17th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Rehabilitation and Care Center (401 N. 18th St.) to explore Long Term Care.
15. Living Faith Opportunity: On Sunday, January 28th, the Norfolk Area Right to Life will be hosting their annual “Pro-Life Breakfast”. They are in need of workers for two shifts….9:00 - 11:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. See Mrs. Maas if you are available to help out.
16. We are in need of ticket takers for winter activities. Please view the schedule on the school website and let the office know if you can help out. Thank you!!