Prayer: Merciful and just God, you know all our inner thoughts and you understand all we do. Help us to love you and follow you in confidence and hope. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the J.V. girls basketball team on their win over Crofton last night. The varsity girls team lost to Crofton.
2. Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade boys basketball teams on their wins over Wayne last night. The C team was defeated by Wayne.
3. District wrestling will take place later today and tomorrow at Centennial High School in Utica. Wrestling will begin at 3:30 p.m. today and 10:00 a.m. on Saturday.
4. J.V. & varsity girls basketball at home tonight vs. Stanton starting at 6:15 p.m.
5. J.V. & varsity boys basketball at Cedar Rapids tonight beginning at 6:15 p.m. Players will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m.
6. A representative from Northeast Community College will be here on Tuesday, February 13th at 9:45 a.m. in the counseling office to visit with interested Juniors & Seniors.
7. Forms are available in the office to order a state wrestling shirt. All forms and money must be turned back into the office by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, February 12th.
8. Applications for JC Camp Counselors - both Junior Counselors & Adult Counselors - can be found in the high school office. The deadline to turn them in is February 14th!
9. There will be a meeting for all high school track athletes, not out for a winter sport, on Tuesday, February 13th right after school in Mr. Kassmeier’s room.
10. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 21st from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Faith Regional Health Services in the Nebraska Room. This month’s topic is Medication Stockpiling/Dispensing in a public health training scenario.
11. Job Opening: The City of Norfolk is looking for Summer 2018 employees for the Aquaventure Water Park. Positions needed include lifeguards, lifeguard aides, cashiers, and concessions. Lifeguard certification will be necessary for any lifeguard positions. Must be 14 years of age or older for all positions. Age 15 required for lifeguard certification. Applications may be obtained at the City’s website: www.ci.norfolk.ne.us/HumanResources or you may apply at the Personnel Office at 309 N. 5th Street, Norfolk, Nebraska. Apply now for this summer!
12. Registrations are now being accepted for next summer’s mission trip to the Mustard Seed Communities in Jamaica. This year’s trip will be from May 26th to June 1st and is open to anyone who has completed their freshman year in high school. Mission trip registration forms can be picked up at the Parish Office or at the Norfolk Catholic High School Office. For more information about the mission trip, please contact Patrick or Teresa Roche at (402) 644-8159.