Prayer: Lord God of heaven and earth, through Jesus, all the peoples of the earth may become your sons and daughters. Open our hearts to all who ask for our help. We ask this through Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the J.V. girls basketball team on their win over Stanton on Friday night. The varsity girls lost to Stanton.
2. Congratulations to the NC wrestlers on placing 6th out of 16 teams at the district tournament. Individual places and state qualifiers include: Wyatt Smydra 126 - 3rd place, Francisco Mendez 132 - 2nd place, Arik Seymour 138 - 1st place. State wrestling will take place this Thursday, Friday & Saturday in Omaha. NC will begin wrestling on Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
3. Congratulations to the boys and girls Norfolk swim teams on their GNAC titles….eighth in a row for the boys and fifth in a row for the girls!
4. J.V. & varsity boys basketball at O’Neill tonight starting at 6:00 p.m. Players will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m.
5. Girls sub-district basketball begins tonight. The Lady Knights will play Madison at 7:00 p.m. at Norfolk Senior High School.
6. Congratulations to Josie Liess on placing 5th overall in Extemporaneous at the Humphrey High speech meet.
7. A representative from Northeast Community College will be here on Tuesday, February 13th at 9:45 a.m. in the counseling office to visit with interested Juniors & Seniors.
8. Club volleyball practices will begin tonight at 6:30 in Burns Gym.
9. Applications for JC Camp Counselors - both Junior Counselors & Adult Counselors - can be found in the high school office. The deadline to turn them in is February 14th!
10. There will be a high school girls basketball meeting right after school today in Mr. Kassmeier’s room.
11. There will be a meeting for all high school track athletes, not out for a winter sport, on Tuesday, February 13th right after school in Mr. Kassmeier’s room.
12. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 21st from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Faith Regional Health Services in the Nebraska Room. This month’s topic is Medication Stockpiling/Dispensing in a public health training scenario.
13. Seniors will be allowed to wear jeans on Thursday, February 15th for having the most spirit on Super-Hero night!
14. Jr. High P.E. students should NOT dress-out during Archery.
15. The following seniors need to turn a baby picture in for the yearbook as soon as possible: Justin Brtek, Kerstin Brtek, Molly Burroughs, Tanner Cunningham, Ashley Evans, Taylor Gilsdorf, Allyson Hoff, Payton Love, Jordan Peitz, Manuel Pichler, Chelsey Reifert, Ashley Schulze, Alison Smith, Cong Vu, Ryan Webbert, Emily Zach, Dylan Zaiser.
These seniors still need to turn in a senior picture for the yearbook: MaKenna Beller, Justin Brtek, Kerstin Brtek, Molly Burroughs, Brooklinn Dahlheim, Allyson Hoff, Laura Kalous, Justin Keller, Maddi Maguire, Riley Melcher, Manuel Pichler, Jenna Pochop, Drew Pospisil, Arik Seymour, Brandon Silva, Tia Simpson, Alison Smith, Kassidy Steffen, Ryan Webbert, Mackenzie Wiebe, Emily Zach, Dylan Zaiser.
16. Job Opening: The City of Norfolk is looking for Summer 2018 employees for the Aquaventure Water Park. Positions needed include lifeguards, lifeguard aides, cashiers, and concessions. Lifeguard certification will be necessary for any lifeguard positions. Must be 14 years of age or older for all positions. Age 15 required for lifeguard certification. Applications may be obtained at the City’s website: www.ci.norfolk.ne.us/HumanResources or you may apply at the Personnel Office at 309 N. 5th Street, Norfolk, Nebraska. Apply now for this summer!
17. Registrations are now being accepted for next summer’s mission trip to the Mustard Seed Communities in Jamaica. This year’s trip will be from May 26th to June 1st and is open to anyone who has completed their freshman year in high school. Mission trip registration forms can be picked up at the Parish Office or at the Norfolk Catholic High School Office. For more information about the
mission trip, please contact Patrick or Teresa Roche at (402) 644-8159.
18. Lunch Clean-Up:
--1st Lunch - Gavin Yosten, Angelica Zarate
--2nd Lunch - Callista Smydra, Audrey Stelling, Evan Smith, Joe Teten, Chase Thramer