Prayer: Loving God, you sent your Son to heal and restore your people. Make us whole and grant us peace. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the varsity girls basketball team on their win over Madison last night in the first round of sub-districts. The Lady Knights will now play Wayne tonight at 6:00 at Norfolk Senior High.
2. Congratulations to the J.V. boys basketball team on their win over O’Neill last night. The varsity boys lost to O’Neill.
3. Freshmen boys basketball at home today vs. Pierce starting at 4:00 p.m. Players will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m.
4. Applications for JC Camp Counselors - both Junior Counselors & Adult Counselors - can be found in the high school office. The deadline to turn them in is February 14th!
5. There will be a meeting for all high school track athletes, not out for a winter sport, today right after school in Mr. Kassmeier’s room.
6. A representative from Midland University will be here on Monday, February 26th at 9:45 a.m. in the counseling office to visit with interested Juniors and Seniors.
7. The local optimist club is hosting a Speech Contest on March 18th. Any 7-12th grade student who is 18 years of age or younger is eligible to participate. Winners of this contest will be able to compete for $2,500 scholarships at the district meet. Students should find Mrs. Knutson if you would like more information.
8. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 21st from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Faith Regional Health Services in the Nebraska Room. This month’s topic is Medication Stockpiling/Dispensing in a public health training scenario.
9. Seniors will be allowed to wear jeans this Thursday, February 15th for having the most spirit on Super-Hero night!
10. Jr. High P.E. students should NOT dress-out during Archery.
11. The following seniors need to turn a baby picture in for the yearbook as soon as possible: Justin Brtek, Kerstin Brtek, Molly Burroughs, Tanner Cunningham, Ashley Evans, Taylor Gilsdorf, Allyson Hoff, Payton Love, Jordan Peitz, Manuel Pichler, Chelsey Reifert, Ashley Schulze, Alison Smith, Cong Vu, Ryan Webbert, Emily Zach, Dylan Zaiser.
These seniors still need to turn in a senior picture for the yearbook: MaKenna Beller, Justin Brtek, Kerstin Brtek, Molly Burroughs, Brooklinn Dahlheim, Laura Kalous, Justin Keller, Maddi Maguire, Riley Melcher, Manuel Pichler, Jenna Pochop, Drew Pospisil, Chelsey Reifert, Arik Seymour, Brandon Silva, Tia Simpson, Alison Smith, Kassidy Steffen, Ryan Webbert, Mackenzie Wiebe, Emily Zach, Dylan Zaiser.
12. The following cast members need to pay $20.00 for costumes for the spring musical: Ethan Piper, Jenna Pochop, Kellen Carney, Preston Eisenmenger, Elliot Eisenmenger, Janie Keller, Rhiannon Van Fleet, David Fanta, David McCaffrey, Ben Buggenhagen, Tristan Burroughs, Maddie Neal, Molly Burroughs, Maddi Maguire, Alison Smith, Emma Fanta, Riley Schlomer, Emma Neuhalfen, Joey Otero, Carlie Cahoy, Morgan Timmerman, Hayden Wolf, Mackenzie Wiebe, Allie Barrett, Emily Faltys, Anna Neuhalfen, Autumn Alder, Rebecca Cartela, Savanna Vervynck, Rylan Rasmussen, Bree Kucera, Charli Schlomer, Ben Morland, Carly Thramer, Mary Fennessy, Alex Prim, Ethan Morland, John Vuchetich, Brandon Silva, Hannah Wilcox, Hannah Wagner, Maggie Berryman, Emily Zach. Please pay your money to the office as soon as possible!
13. Congratulations to NC on being named “Strength Program of the Year” among Class C & D schools by the High School Strength Clinic!
14. Students & adults are needed to help in the concession stand for sub-district basketball games that we are hosting this week and next week. Please go to the school website to sign-up. Help is really needed and appreciated!
15. These students have not turned in their signed Chromebook papers yet: 7th grade: Owen Ash, Alonso Barajas, Keegan Burroughs, Zuleica Castillo, Drew Colton, Ashten Cunningham, Hunter Evans, Daphne Gall, Stacey Hernandez, Triston Hoesing, Ty Lammers, Cody Sullivan, Jake Swerczek, Kanyon Talton, Mason Timmerman, Khoa Tran, Kristine Tran, Grace Veik, Gavin Yosten, Angelica Zarate; 8th grade: Preston Bamsey, Christian Brandt, Karlie Clinch, Victoria Clinch, Nichole Dahl, Brady DeMoss, Emily Drevecky, Madeline Elworth, Trey Foecking, Brennen Kelley, Tobias Kraft, Max Maas, Nicki Otero, Hailey Reifert, Haylee Serres, Kylee Stech, Ivy Vu, Emma Werner, Brock West. Students were given a paper when they received their Chromebook. The paper needs to be signed by your parent and returned to the school Library by Tuesday, February 20th!
16. Job Opening: The City of Norfolk is looking for Summer 2018 employees for the Aquaventure Water Park. Positions needed include lifeguards, lifeguard aides, cashiers, and concessions. Lifeguard certification will be necessary for any lifeguard positions. Must be 14 years of age or older for all positions. Age 15 required for lifeguard certification. Applications may be obtained at the City’s website: www.ci.norfolk.ne.us/HumanResources or you may apply at the Personnel Office at 309 N. 5th Street, Norfolk, Nebraska. Apply now for this summer!
17. Registrations are now being accepted for next summer’s mission trip to the Mustard Seed Communities in Jamaica. This year’s trip will be from May 26th to June 1st and is open to anyone who has completed their freshman year in high school. Mission trip registration forms can be picked up at the Parish Office or at the Norfolk Catholic High School Office. For more information about the
mission trip, please contact Patrick or Teresa Roche at (402) 644-8159.