Prayer: Loving Father, you show us your Son in all his glory and invite us to love him as he now is - every-living, pouring out his life and love on all the earth. Help us to receive these gifts with open hearts. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, you Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the boys track team on placing 1st at the O’Neill Invite yesterday and to the girls team on finishing 2nd. Individual results are posted on the bulletin board outside the office.
2. Today’s soccer matches in Grand Island are cancelled due to the weather.
3. Boys golf at Boone Central tomorrow has been rescheduled to next Tuesday, April 17th.
4. Local scholarships with upcoming deadlines - see Mrs. Knutson for applications:
--Adelman Family Scholarship - deadline April 13th
--Meadow Grove Federal Credit Union Scholarship - deadline April 13th
--Spirit of Kelly Plugge Scholarship - deadline April 16th
--Jerry Pfeifer Memorial Scholarship - deadline April 16th
--Norfolk Soccer Club Scholarship - deadline April 16th
--Aaron Lund Memorial Scholarship - deadline April 16th at noon
--Feidler Eye Clinic Scholarship - deadline April 18th
--Local 1005 Norfolk Fire Division Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Knights of Columbus Council 1793 Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Lenabelle Collins Higher Education Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Lion’s Club Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Norfolk Noon Optimist Scholarship Carol Gall Memorial Scholarship- deadline April 20th
--Norfolk Catholic Music Boosters Scholarship - deadline April 23rd
--Lueshens Birders Scholarship - deadline April 28th
--365 Entrepreneur Scholarship - deadline May 1st
5. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 18th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at FRHS Nebraska Room. This month’s topic is CPR.
6. We are missing class registrations forms for next school year from the following students:
7th grade: Zuleica Castillo, Ashten Cunningham, Hunter Evans, Daphne Gall, Jacob Keller.
8th grade: Christian Brandt, Tobias Kraft, Ivy Vu, Isaac Wilcox.
9th grade: Jaden Bykerk, Cayden Cunningham, Preston Eisenmenger, Diego Ojeda, Lazliana Pavon, Noah Wattier.
10th grade: Diana Theel
7. Anyone who would like to order a DVD of “The Little Mermaid” can sign-up on the counter in the office. Cost is $25.00. Please sign-up by the end of the day today!
8. The Jr. High dance scheduled for tonight has been postponed.
9. The boys soccer games at Columbus have been rescheduled for Monday, April 16th at Wilderness
Park at 5:00 p.m. The girls games are cancelled.
10. The ACT test for tomorrow is being postponed to a later date. They hope to have a new date selected by later next week. Please check their website for new information.
11. Reminder that on-line class registrations are due to Mrs. Knutson today!
12. Varsity Cheer Tryouts will begin next week with a mandatory parent meeting on Monday, April 16th at 7:30 p.m. in Burns Gym followed by a workshop from 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. to learn the tryout materials. Tryouts will be Tuesday, April 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Burns Gym. Varsity cheer is open to any students who will be in grades 9-12 next academic year.
13. The Music Awards Night has been moved from April 22nd to Sunday, May 6th in conjunction with the Academic Awards Night.
14. These students have outstanding Library fines that need to be paid immediately: Preston Bamsey, Dillon Barnes, Hailey Blank, Christian Brandt, Nichole Dahl, Victoria Clinch, Trey Foecking, Daphne Gall, Brennen Kelley, Karter Kerkman, Tobias Kraft, Ashlin Leader, Carly Marshall, Ethan Reardon, Ryan Scholl, Cody Sullivan, Emma Werner, Thomas Wetjen.
15. Reminder to those that signed-up for Driver’s Education that the balance is due next week.
16. The National Honor Society will be hosting a Blood Drive for the American Red Cross on Tuesday, May 1st. Please contact Mrs. Knutson or a NHS member if you would like to donate blood. Thanks!
17. Norfolk Youth Leadership Council is seeking applicants for the 2018-2019 school year. The organization is looking for determined youth looking to get involved and be an active voice in the community. Applications can be picked up in the school office or from a NYLC representative. Applications are due April 13th and applicants must be available for an interview on either April 28th or April 29th.