Prayer: Heavenly Father, we thank you for the patience of your Son. Help us to see him and to receive the peace he offers us. We ask this through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Boys soccer at Columbus today starting at 5:00 p.m. Games will be played at Wilderness Park.
2. The boys golf dual at home today with Plainview has been cancelled.
3. Local scholarships with upcoming deadlines - see Mrs. Knutson for applications:
--Spirit of Kelly Plugge Scholarship - deadline April 16th
--Jerry Pfeifer Memorial Scholarship - deadline April 16th
--Norfolk Soccer Club Scholarship - deadline April 16th
--Aaron Lund Memorial Scholarship - deadline April 16th at noon
--Feidler Eye Clinic Scholarship - deadline April 18th
--Local 1005 Norfolk Fire Division Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Knights of Columbus Council 1793 Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Lenabelle Collins Higher Education Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Lion’s Club Scholarship - deadline April 20th
--Norfolk Noon Optimist Scholarship Carol Gall Memorial Scholarship- deadline April 20th
--Norfolk Catholic Music Boosters Scholarship - deadline April 23rd
--Lueshens Birders Scholarship - deadline April 28th
--365 Entrepreneur Scholarship - deadline May 1st
4. The next Health Careers Club meeting will be this Wednesday, April 18th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at FRHS Nebraska Room. This month’s topic is CPR.
5. We are missing class registrations forms for next school year from the following students:
7th grade: Zuleica Castillo, Hunter Evans, Daphne Gall.
8th grade: Tobias Kraft, Ivy Vu
9th grade: Jaden Bykerk, Cayden Cunningham, Preston Eisenmenger, Diego Ojeda, Noah Wattier.
10th grade: Diana Theel
6. Prom will take place this Sunday, April 22nd at the Norfolk Country Club. Pictures are scheduled for 5:00 p.m., coronation at 5:45 p.m., dinner at 6:00 p.m. and the dance from 7:00 - 9:30 p.m.
7. Post Prom will be held at the Norfolk Family YMCA on Sunday night beginning at 10:00 p.m. Students can arrive as early as 9:30 p.m. and must be there NO LATER than 10:00 p.m. It will end at 1:00 a.m. If students signed-up to attend Post Prom and are not there by 10:00 p.m., their parents will be called.
8. Outside dates for Prom must be signed-up in the office this week!
9. Varsity Cheer Tryouts will begin next week with a mandatory parent meeting on Monday, April 16th at 7:30 p.m. in Burns Gym followed by a workshop from 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. to learn the tryout materials. Tryouts will be Tuesday, April 17th at 7:00 p.m. in Burns Gym. Varsity cheer is open to any students who will be in grades 9-12 next academic year.
10. House Olympics will take place today starting at 1:30 p.m. Students should report to their first location immediately after 8th period. Locations are as follows:
--KICKBALL - Activities Center
--FISHING - Load the short bus/van outside of Burns Gym
--BOWLING - Load the bug bus outside of Burns Gym
--FRISBEE GOLF - Cancelled
--MINUTE TO WIN IT - Mrs. Price’s room
--NAME THAT TUNE - Mr. Zoucha’s room
--NAME THAT MOVIE - Mrs. Van Fleet’s room
--CHESS - Mr. McCampbell’s room
--SCAVENGER HUNT - Mrs. Hampl’s room
--MARIO KART - Cafeteria
--BOARD GAMES - Mrs. Maas’ room
--ARCHERY - Burns Gym
11. Reminder that the first Driver’s Ed. class is today. It will be from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. The balance for the class is due this week. Please bring it to the office or give it to Mr. Bellar in class.
12. These students have outstanding Library fines that need to be paid immediately: Preston Bamsey, Dillon Barnes, Hailey Blank, Christian Brandt, Nichole Dahl, Victoria Clinch, Trey Foecking, Daphne Gall, Brennen Kelley, Karter Kerkman, Tobias Kraft, Carly Marshall, Ryan Scholl, Emma Werner, Thomas Wetjen.
13. The National Honor Society will be hosting a Blood Drive for the American Red Cross on Tuesday, May 1st. Please contact Mrs. Knutson or a NHS member if you would like to donate blood. Thanks!
14. Yearbook order forms were sent home with students. Forms must be returned to school by April 30th to get the early bird rate of $45.00. After that date, they will be $50.00. The absolute final deadline to order a book is May 14th. Turn your order form and check into your Theology teacher or Mrs. Wieser.
15. Seniors are asked to wear a shirt or sweatshirt with the college you plan to attend to school tomorrow.
16 . Lunch Clean-Up:
--1st Lunch - Charli Fischer, Kalea Fischer
--2nd Lunch - Nate Liess, Eric Anderson, Ashtin Arens, Aidan Arkfeld, Alaina Ainsworth