Parental & Student Responsibilities
In order to take your 1:1 device home each day, you must be willing to accept the following responsibilities:
- When using the device at home, school, and anywhere else I may take it, I will follow the policies at Norfolk Catholic, including the Acceptable Use Policy. I will also abiding by all local, state, and federal laws.
- I will treat the device with care by not dropping it, getting it wet, leaving it outdoors, or using it with food or drink nearby.
- This device is my responsibility and will stay in my position at all times.
- I will not modify any software.
- I will honor my family's values when using this device.
- I will not release personal information to strangers when using my device.
- I will bring my device to school every day.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure, and will not share these with any other students.
- I will clean my device using only the cleaner cloth provided by the school.
- I will recharge the battery each night.
- I will return the device when requested and upon my withdrawal from Norfolk Catholic.
- I will supervise my son't/daughter's use of his/her device at home.
- I will discuss our family's values and expectations regarding the use of the internet at home and will supervise my son's/daughter's use of the internet.
- I will not attempt to repairs on school owned devices.
- I will report to the school any problems with my device.
- I will make sure my son/daughter recharges the battery nightly.
- I will make sure my son/daughter brings his or her device to school everyday.
- I understand that if my son/daughter comes to school without his/her device, I may be called to bring it to school.
- Do not lean on top of the device when it is closed.
- Do not put books on top of the device when it is closed.
- Do not place anything between the screen and the keyboard and then close the lid.
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry cloth.
- Be careful about putting the device in your book bag.
- Close the lid when carrying your school owned device.
- Do not carry your device by the screen.
- Do not "bump" the device against lockers, walls, car doors, floors, etc. as it will eventually break the screen.
At the end of the school year, students will turn in their Chromebook and all issued peripherals. Failure to turn in a Chromebook will result in the student being charged the full $279.00 replacement cost. The school may also file a report of stolen property. Failure to turn in a Mac Book Pro will result in the student being charged a $500.00 replacement cost.
Students who transfer out of or withdraw from the Norfolk Catholic much turn in his or her device on the last day of attendance. Failure to turn in your 1:1 device will result in the student being charged the full replacement cost.