Students who will be leaving Norfolk Catholic School will need to transfer their digital data before it becomes suspended. As of August 1st, you will not be able to access your Norfolk Catholic email/google accounts. The directions below will give you a few options as to how you can transfer information from your account before it is suspended.
Before you leave the end of the year:
- Save your data from your account/laptop/ipad, that you want to keep.
- Store them on a USB thumb drive/external hard drive
- Upload them to DropBox/Personal Google Drive account etc.
- Burn them to a CD or DVD
- Forward you incoming email to another account. Here is how in Google - Here is how in Outlook
- Copy the email from your Google account into another personal account.
- Here are two options:
- Copy files from many other Google services with Google Takeout
- Additional instructions/resources for Google Takeout
Once again, you will not be able to access your Google Apps account (including Gmail) after it is suspended. Your incoming email can be forwarded to an account you specify (see directions linked above) until that time. Email sent to you after your account is suspended will be returned to the sender as not delivered.
Remember: It's not possible for you to access files after August 1st so you must make a copy before you leave!