Daily HS Announcements - Thursday, February 14, 2019
Prayer: Holy and Ever-living God, in every age you give us holy men and women who teach us, love us, and show us Christ. May the prayers of Saint Cyril and Saint Methodius bring us into the light of your presence. We ask this through the Light of the World, Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. There will be NO SCHOOL tomorrow! School will be dismissed at 12:00 noon next Monday due to teachers attending School of Faith in the afternoon.
2. State wrestling will take place Thursday, Friday & Saturday in Omaha. Best of Luck Wyatt & Joey!!
3. J.V. & varsity boys basketball at home on Friday vs. Hartington C.C. starting at 6:15 p.m.
4. Good Luck to the NC cheerleaders as they take part in the State Cheer competition on Saturday in Grand Island.
5. Upcoming college visits:
-University of Nebraska-Omaha - February 14th, 11:30a.m. - 12:15 p.m. for Juniors
-Northeast Community College - February 21st, 11:30a.m. - 12:15p.m. for Juniors; 12:15 - 12:50p.m. for Seniors
-University of Nebraska-Kearney - February 25th, 11:45a.m. - 12:15p.m. for Juniors; 12:15 - 12:50p.m. for Seniors
6. The Greater Omaha-Council Bluffs Area Council on Youth Leadership is currently requesting applications for the 2018 “Youth Salute”. To qualify, a student must: 1) be a high school junior (senior class of 2020); 2) have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher through their sophomore year; 3) have held TWO LEADERSHIP ROLES to which they were chosen by their peers or an adult leader within the past two years in school, religious or community sponsored organizations. All juniors who qualify should pick up an application from Mrs. Wieser. Please return completed application to her by March 4th.
7. The Health Careers Club will meet on Wednesday, February 20th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at FRHS Main Campus in the Nebraska Room. Come learn about the field of dentistry with Dr. Nordhues of Family 1st Dental. See Mrs. Headley or Mr. Sok for more information.
8. The FBLA will be selling Eileen’s Cookies from now until February 24th. Contact an FBLA member or Mrs. Hampl to purchase!
9. There will be a high school girls basketball meeting on Monday, February 18th right after school in Mr. Kassmeier’s room. It will last about 15 minutes.
10. The Junior class is looking for a few strands of artificial Ivy for Prom decorating. Please contact Kris Freese at the high school if you have any they could use. Thank you!
11. Uniform check-in for wrestling will take place on Tuesday, February 19th right after school in Room 307
12. Yearbook organization pictures will be taken on Wednesday, February 20th starting at 8:15 a.m. in the cafeteria. Each organization will be announced when it is time for their picture. Students may dress-up that day if you are involved in a picture. If not dressed up, you should be in dress code. The following groups will have pictures taken: Quiz Bowl, Yearbook, EMHC, National Honor Society, Newspaper, FBLA, Class Officers, Speech.
13. Confessions will be held today during 4th & 5th period study halls. Students may go to the campus ministry room during that time.