Daily HS Announcements - Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Prayer: Good Shepherd, you take special care of the lambs in your flock. Protect us and lead us where you want us to go. Feed us with your Body and Blood, so that we may become one with you in all things and follow you into your kingdom. Grant this through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the J.V. girls basketball team on their win over Hartington C.C. last night 33-29. The varsity girls lost to H.C.C. 31-47.
2. Congratulations to the Jr. High girls basketball teams on both defeating Wayne yesterday.
3. Varsity wrestling triangular at home tonight vs. Tekamah-Herman & Wisner-Pilger starting at 6:00 p.m.
4. J.V. & varsity boys basketball at Lutheran High Northeast tonight beginning at 6:15 p.m.
5. Swimming dual at Grand Island today starting at 4:00 p.m. Swimmers will be dismissed at 12:00 noon.
6. School will be dismissed at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday) for staff development.
7. There will be an All-School Mass tomorrow at 8:20 a.m.
8. Juniors taking the Wayne State College English Comp class should meet in the Library during study hall today with charged Chromebooks. Seniors taking the Wayne State College class should meet at 12:15 p.m. in Mrs. Wieser’s office with charged Chromebooks. Please have your social security number with you. Registration forms should be returned to Mrs. Wieser by Friday, December 14th with payment.
9. There will be a club ball meeting, for parents of students in grades 3rd - 8th, this Wednesday, December 12th at 5:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria.
10. The starting times for the J.V. & varsity boys basketball games at Boone Central this Friday night have been changed to J.V. at 5:00 p.m. and varsity at approximately 6:30 p.m.
11. A Food Drive is taking place from now through Monday, December 17th. Please bring any non-perishable food items to school during this time.
12. There will be a parent meeting for the spring musical on Monday, December 17th at 6:00 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. Parents will be asked to join committees for set, make-up, etc. at this time!
13. Any 9th-12th graders interested in learning more about the competitive speech team should stop briefly in Mrs. Koopman’s room immediately after the 1:30 p.m. dismissal this Wednesday. All are welcome!
14. There will NOT be academic recovery study hall after school tomorrow (Wednesday) due to the professional development time needed for staff.
15. Gena Jones from the State Patrol will be at NC on December 12th & 13th to present to students, staff and parents on social media concerns, cyber bullying and digital citizenship. All parents are invited to hear the presentation on Wednesday evening, December 12th at 6:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. Students in grades 5-12 will hear an age appropriate presentation on Thursday, December 13th at various times throughout the school day.
16. The Nebraska Walk for Life will be in Lincoln on Saturday, January 26th, beginning at 10:00 a.m. with a keynote speech to follow at 11:30 a.m. Our new pro-life club is taking a bus and everyone is invited to come stand up for life. We need a head count by December 20th, so please sign-up outside Mrs. Headley’s room (Room 308). Fliers will be posted in the building with more information. You can also contact Mrs. Headley or Mr. Manzer with any questions.
17. Dine-Out at McDonalds: During the month of December, the McDonald’s on 13th street will donate 50 cents per transaction on the self-ordering kiosk to NC to go toward the Fund for NC. Don’t forget to use your HOPE cards to help out the parish as well.
18. Reminder to seniors and their parents that baby pictures are due to the yearbook staff by December 17th. Senior pictures are due to the yearbook staff by January 14, 2019.
19. The Advancement Office is running a contest now through December 21st. The new school video has been posted on the school Twitter & Facebook. Every student and staff member that retweets or shares will get their name entered in a drawing for a McDonald’s card to receive a free Egg McMuffin or Big Mac each week for a year. There will be 2 winners!