Daily HS Announcements - Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Prayer: Living God, teach us never to settle for anything less than your Eternal Truth. We know that we will make mistakes, but always lead us back to the truth. We ask this through our Truth and Life, Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the varsity boys track team on taking 1st place at the Pierce Invite last Thursday and to the girls team on finishing in 3rd place.
2. Congratulations to the boys soccer team on their win over Concordia last Thursday.
3. Congratulations to the boys golf team on finishing 7th at the Lutheran High Northeast Invite last Thursday. Individual scores were: Austin Meikle 93 (26th), Eric Anderson 94, Jacob Cerny 99, Aden Dominisse 101, Ethan Schwichtenberg 103, Thomas Wetjen 121 (J.V.), Nathan Wetjen 145 (J.V.). The boys team also finished 7th at the conference golf meet in Crofton on Monday. Scores included: Jacob Cerny 45 (11th), Eric Anderson 49, Austin Meikle 50, Aden Dominisse 53, Ethan Schwichtenberg 54, Nathan Wetjen 92 (J.V.)
4. Results from the NC Jr. High Track Invite yesterday: 7th grade girls - 1st place; 8th grade girls - 2nd place; 7th grade boys - 2nd place; 8th grade boys - 2nd place. Congratulations to all who competed. A list of 1st & 2nd place finishes is posted on the bulletin board outside the office.
5. 9-10 Track at Pierce today starting at 3:00 p.m. Team members will be dismissed at 1:15 p.m.
6. Boys soccer at Madison today beginning at 5:00 p.m.
7. Girls soccer at home today vs. Concordia at 5:00 p.m.
8. Baseball at South Sioux City today. The varsity will play at 4:30 p.m. followed by the J.V. at 6:30 p.m. Players will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m.
9. Below is a list of local and state scholarships along with the due date or deadline:
-Soccer Scholarship - April 23rd
-Norfolk Morning Optimist Club Scholarship - April 24th (will be available during Theology class on April 10th)
-Norfolk Catholic Music Boosters Scholarship - April 24th
-Carol Gall Memorial Scholarship sponsored by Noon Optimist Club - April 26th
-Lower Elkhorn Natural Resources District - April 26th
10. There will be a National Honor Society meeting today from 11:50 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Meet in the guidance office.
11. There will be a Jr. High student advisory meeting today at 10:57 a.m. in Dr. Ridder’s office (Rm. 218).
12. Registration for the Pre-ACT is due today!
13. All students, grades 7-11, should bring their chromebooks and chargers to their study hall this
Thursday, April 25th. We will be checking that each student has their chromebook and their charger with labels and no damage in order to speed up the check in process at the end of the year.
14. Students should wear their house shirts tomorrow with dress code pants for the House Olympics.
15. Students should go to their student email today and fill out the google form for House Olympics.
16. There are several people with outstanding lunch balances at this time. The hot lunch program needs these overdue balances to be paid immediately! ALL balances must be paid before students can take semester finals in May.
17. S.P.A.R.K will be hosting a Passion Night, for students in grades 9-12, this Wednesday, April 24th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Church. This will include Adoration, Divine Chaplet, and Fellowship.
18. There will be a detasseling meeting to fill out applications, this Sunday, April 28th from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. Students should bring one parent, a social security card and a school ID.
19. Lunch Clean-Up:
-1st Lunch - Brady Faltys, Saylor Fischer, Daphne Gall
-2nd Lunch - Nathan Wetjen, Noah Wattier, Max Wattier, William Vuchetich, Rhiannon Van Fleet