Daily HS Announcements - Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Prayer: God, our Father, you are generous to all your children. Let us never be envious of the gifts you give to others. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. AMEN.
1. A packet of forms was given to each student on the first day of school. Reminder that all forms must be completed and returned to the school office by this Friday, August 23rd!
2. Any high school students that still want to join Mock Trial need to either see or email Mr. Krings by the end of the day on Wednesday.
3. All Jr. High students interested in being in show choir should sign-up outside of the choir room no later than this Friday.
4. There will be a one-act informational meeting during 5th period study hall on Friday in Mrs. Koopman’s room. Any 9-12 graders who are interested in possibly joining the cast or crew should plan to attend. You do not have to commit to attend the meeting. You will be able to find out the play and those who wish to try out will be able to check out a script. The team will be performing a comedy this year.
5. The Health Careers Club is a city-wide club for high school students interested in medical careers. Their first meeting is August 28th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the UNMC College of Nursing building on Northeast Community College’s campus. Yearly dues are $20, but you can come to the first meeting just to check it out. They typically meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month and each meeting will focus on a different type of medical career. See the flyer outside the high school science rooms or ask Mr. Sok or Mrs. Headley for more information.
6. The high school building is in need of 3 or 4 microwaves for both the cafeteria and the teacher’s lounge. The ones we currently have are no longer working well. If anyone would have a used microwave that they would like to part with, please let the school office know. Thank you!!
7. Anyone interested in purchasing NC football clothing can go to the link below. All orders are due by Tuesday, August 27th.