Prayer: Merciful God, make us eager to share our plenty with those who have little, so that our fasting can help to heal the pain and hunger of the world. We ask this through our Savior, Jesus Christ the Lord. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the Shining Knights Show Choir on placing 2nd at the UNO competition on Wednesday!
2. The J.V. & varsity girls basketball teams were both defeated by Crofton last night.
3. Congratulations to the 7th grade boys basketball team on their win over Wayne last night. The 8th grade boys team lost to Wayne.
4. District wrestling will take place at David City Aquinas today and tomorrow. Wrestlers will be dismissed at 10:30 this morning.
5. J.V. & varsity girls basketball at Stanton tonight starting at 6:15 p.m.
6. J.V. & varsity boys basketball at Riverside tonight beginning at 5:00 p.m. Players will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m.
7. HAC swimming & diving championships will take place in Fremont today & tomorrow.
8. Upcoming college visits:
-University of Nebraska-Omaha - February 14th, 11:30a.m. - 12:15 p.m. for Juniors
-Wayne State College - February 13th, 8:30 - 9:10a.m. (this is a time change)
-Central Community College - February 13th, 11:45a.m. - 12:15p.m.
-Northeast Community College - February 21st, 11:30a.m. - 12:15p.m. for Juniors; 12:15 - 12:50p.m. for Seniors
-University of Nebraska-Kearney - February 25th, 11:45a.m. - 12:15p.m. for Juniors; 12:15 - 12:50p.m. for Seniors
9. Girls State, Boys State & Nebraska Attorney General’s Youth Conference applications are due to Mrs. Wieser by February 11th.
10. The Greater Omaha-Council Bluffs Area Council on Youth Leadership is currently requesting applications for the 2018 “Youth Salute”. To qualify, a student must: 1) be a high school junior (senior class of 2020); 2) have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher through their sophomore year; 3) have held TWO LEADERSHIP ROLES to which they were chosen by their peers or an adult leader within the past two years in school, religious or community sponsored organizations. All juniors who qualify should pick up an application from Mrs. Wieser. Please return completed application to her by March 4th.
11. The FBLA will be sponsoring a coin war. There are jars on the counter in the office for each grade and one for staff. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to bring coins to raise money. All coins will count positively toward the total of your class’ jar. You can also bring dollars, which will count negatively, and place them in other class jars to count against their total. The team who raises the biggest total will receive a special reward that will be announced after the coin war is over. You have until Tuesday, February 12th to bring in as many coins as you can! Thank you for supporting NC FBLA!
12. The FBLA will be selling Eileen’s Cookies from now until February 24th. Contact an FBLA member or Mrs. Hampl to purchase!
13. The yearbook staff still needs Senior Pictures from Brendan Bachman & Carlos Martinez. Please give these to a yearbook staff member or have your photographer email them to Mrs. Hampl.
14. Knights for Life members - please submit your t-shirt orders and payment to Mrs. Headley by Tuesday, February 12th. Cost is $12.00.
15. There will be a girls soccer meeting, for any girls interested, on Monday, February 11th at 3:45 p.m. at Lutheran High Northeast.