Prayer: Almighty God, creator of the stars of the sky and every drop of water in the ocean, you love us with kindness and patience. Help us to look on our fellow human-beings with the same eyes you use to look on us. We ask this through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. AMEN.
1. Congratulations to the varsity girls basketball team on their win over Stanton on Friday night 54-51. The J.V. girls also defeated Stanton 37-29.
2. Congratulations to the J.V. boys basketball team on defeating Riverside on Friday night. The varsity boys team lost to Riverside.
3. District wrestling took place on Friday & Saturday. Congratulations to Wyatt Smydra on being the district champ at 138 pounds and to Joey Otero on placing 3rd at 195 pounds. Both have qualified for the state wrestling meet which will take place this Thursday, Friday & Saturday in Omaha.
4. The boys team placed 3rd and the girls team finished 5th at the HAC swim meet on Friday & Saturday. News school records were as follows:
-200 Medley Relay 1:49.04 (Audrey Stelling, Annika Harthoorn, Joslyn Jacobs, Courtney Flohr)
-200 Medley Relay 1:36.68 which is a school record and new HAC Conference Record (Kellen Carney, Mason Olmer, Carson Walker, Caleb Harthoorn)
-200 Freestyle 1:39.95 (Audrey Stelling, Annika Harthoorn, Joslyn Jacobs, Courtney Flohr)
5. Girls sub-district basketball begins tonight. The Lady Knights will play Madison at 7:00 p.m. at Norfolk Senior High School.
6. Upcoming college visits:
-University of Nebraska-Omaha - February 14th, 11:30a.m. - 12:15 p.m. for Juniors
-Wayne State College - February 13th, 8:30 - 9:10a.m. (this is a time change)
-Central Community College - February 13th, 11:45a.m. - 12:15p.m.
-Northeast Community College - February 21st, 11:30a.m. - 12:15p.m. for Juniors; 12:15 - 12:50p.m. for Seniors
-University of Nebraska-Kearney - February 25th, 11:45a.m. - 12:15p.m. for Juniors; 12:15 - 12:50p.m. for Seniors
7. Girls State, Boys State & Nebraska Attorney General’s Youth Conference applications are due to Mrs. Wieser TODAY!
8. The Greater Omaha-Council Bluffs Area Council on Youth Leadership is currently requesting applications for the 2018 “Youth Salute”. To qualify, a student must: 1) be a high school junior (senior class of 2020); 2) have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher through their sophomore year; 3) have held TWO LEADERSHIP ROLES to which they were chosen by their peers or an adult leader within the past two years in school, religious or community sponsored organizations. All juniors who qualify should pick up an application from Mrs. Wieser. Please return completed application to her by March 4th.
9. The following students will be taking part in Mass on Wednesday:
-Lector: Isaac Wilcox
-EMHC’s: Charli Schlomer, Bree Kucera, Ethan Piper, Emma Fanta, Raymond Mauldin
-Servers: Caden Gaspers, Danny Gubbels, Collin Glaser
10. The Health Careers Club will meet on Wednesday, February 20th from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at FRHS Main Campus in the Nebraska Room. Come learn about the field of dentistry with Dr. Nordhues of Family 1st Dental. See Mrs. Headley or Mr. Sok for more information.
11. The FBLA is sponsoring a coin war. The proceeds will go to Make-a-Wish Nebraska. There are jars on the counter in the office for each grade and one for staff. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to bring coins to raise money. All coins will count positively toward the total of your class’ jar. You can also bring dollars, which will count negatively, and place them in other class jars to count against their total. The team who raises the biggest total will receive a special reward that will be announced after the coin war is over. You have until TOMORROW to bring in as many coins as you can! Thank you for supporting NC FBLA!
12. The FBLA will be selling Eileen’s Cookies from now until February 24th. Contact an FBLA member or Mrs. Hampl to purchase!
13. Knights for Life members - please submit your t-shirt orders and payment to Mrs. Headley by this Tuesday, February 12th. Cost is $12.00.
14. There will be a girls soccer meeting, for any girls interested, today at 3:45 p.m. at Lutheran High Northeast.
15. Fr. Scott will be hearing confessions today during study halls. All students are invited to go to confession during those times in Room 221.
16. 7th & 8th grade P.E. students will dress out this week.
17. There will be a music boosters meeting tonight at 5:30 in the high school band room.
18. Lunch Clean-Up:
--1st Lunch - Kadee Clinch, Grace Fanta, Nolan Fennessy, Alec Foecking
--2nd Lunch - Savanna Vervynck, John Vuchetich, Hannah Wagner, Hannah Wilcox, Hayden Wolf